Clinton Township, MI
AIM Plastics is an ISO 9001 / ISO 13485 certified company that fully understands that quality is the foundation of our business. We provide service to the medical device industry. AIM Plastics is looking for two full-time, direct hire Quality Technicians to start immediately. We are looking for a days and 2nd shift (4 pm – 1 am) candidate . Industry competitive wage and benefits apply.
Quality Technician position reports to the Quality Manager or designate. The Quality Technician performs accurate and precise layout inspections on product, fixtures or molds as required, including first article layouts, gage reproducibility repeatability studies and capability studies to assure parts meet dimensional requirements of the customer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and adhere to the Quality Management System (QMS) and ISO certifications.
- Generate and maintain quality documents in a neat and orderly manner.
- Setup, programming and operation of CMM vision measuring machine (OGP/SmartScope zone 3 software a plus).
- Evaluate inspection data for accuracy prior to part submission.
- Perform routine receiving, in-process, and final audit inspections.
- Perform First Article Inspections.
- Assists in investigations and corrective action reports to customers.
- Participate in team problem solving activities.
High School Diploma or GED minimum, Associate Degree preferred and (3) years of experience in the quality field.
- Reading Blue Prints and the understanding of GD&T.
- Capable of accurately using all measurement equipment.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) concepts and practices.
- Basic math and computer skills.